Thursday, May 24, 2018

Monstera Deliciosa Facts

I thought I'd post a quick one today as I found out some interesting facts about my favourite plant.
Did you know that the leaves of a monstera can grow up to 90cm long! Could you imagine? I've seen one at a local plant shop that is super old with big leaves and it does look spectacular.
Also, big news to me...monstera is a fruit producing plant! Mostly when grown outdoors though, unless its specially cultivated in a temperature controlled environment, but how cool is that!! Here are some pictures of the fruit that apparently tastes like a mix of banana, pineapple and mango (um hello talk about heaven!)



All above pics from this site
 OK this just looks delicious!! Has anyone tried this? Want to try??

Also the root of the plant is used in some countries as a remedy for snakebite and also to soothe arthritis. What a wonder plant.


Ooh and I almost forgot, check out the newest addition to the family. A beautiful Echeveria! The exact type I'm not sure but it sure looks cute in it's green glass. My partner got it from Waitrose. They seem to do OK from there.





Also I took my monstera out on the balcony for some primo sun and fresh air  and look what treat he's shown as a symbol of gratitude! A new leaf!! Can't wait for it to unfurl into a beautiful tender soft leaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment