Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Trying to save a wrinkled brown cactus!!

Poorly parodia ottonis (below), sempervivum arachnoideum (right), pachyphytum oviferum (left)

Good morning everyone!
So today I'm sharing this picture as I decided to re-home a few of my smaller plants today and figured I'd put a few of them together in a larger pot so they can stretch out a bit. As you can see, one of them is in dire need of some TLC as he's going brown. I removed him from the terrarium where all the other plants are really striving but he unfortunately isn't. Hopefully this pot with some fresh soil will do him a bit of good. He did used to be happier, even flowered once! Although the flower didn't open and just shrivelled up, at least he tried. I'd love to see some pink star shaped flowers from the sempervivum this summer. Did you know the term arachnoid is used in botany to describe something cobweb like in appearance? Pretty cool huh? The sempervivum had a load of brown papery leaves at the bottom that I pulled off too, they're all in plant pot hospital really. The top left one wasn't getting enough light hence the stretched out neck. We'll see how they get on at the plant hospital and I'll keep you updated. Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment